DIR Contract for Comprehensive Web Development & Managed Services, DIR-TSO-4201
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) has designated BrightLeaf Group as a DIR Cooperative Contracts Program vendor for Comprehensive Web Development and Managed Services. This contract enables state agencies, county and city organizations, public schools and universities to easily acquire our services without going through the competitive bid process.
How to Order & Contact Information
- To discuss your project, contact Jane Scott at (512) 914-5929, fax (512) 795-8907 or Jane.Scott@BrightLeafGroup.com.
- BrightLeaf Group will respond with a Statement of Work (SOW) for your review, which we’ll refine until it fully meets your needs.
- Generate a Purchase Order, made payable to BrightLeaf Group, Inc. The Purchase Order must reference the DIR contract number (DIR-TSO-4201).
- Send your Purchase Order to Jane Scott at Jane.Scott@BrightLeafGroup.com.
BrightLeaf Group offers comprehensive web services, including but not limited to:
- Website Design & Development. BrightLeaf Group's experience in developing websites for clients such as Texas Health and Human Services, Harris County Appraisal District, Texas Women’s Health Program, Coca-Cola, Dynegy and KKR demonstrates that we produce appealing and usable websites, working well with even the largest teams throughout the process. Our User Experience team is known for designing responsive and accessible sites on all types of devices. Related services include:
- Accessibility. Our accessibility efforts have proven successful on even highly examined projects such as the Texas Health and Human Services website and the Texas Women’s Health Program website. To ensure that the websites and online materials we develop meet our customers’ evolving accessibility requirements, BrightLeaf Group stays current with the latest recommendations and requirements, which includes partnering with and obtaining training from top Accessibility experts. Ensuring compliance starts with requirements gathering during the earliest phases of design, development and content strategy. We ensure that the website will be compliant with the State of Texas Accessibility requirements based on Section 508, WCAG and other requirements.
- Help Desk Support. BrightLeaf provides expert assistance supporting new IT resources such as web sites and web applications. We can provide support for evening and weekend hours, or 24/7, depending on the customer's requirements.
- Branding. The website is one of the key brand assets for an organization. We not only provide branding strategy and implementation, with appealing design and compelling writing, but fully understand and incorporate good content organization and stress-free technical execution.
- Marketing. To ensure the websites we develop can be found by the users in the first place, our team includes marketing consultants and SEO specialists, as well as web-savvy writers and editors.
- Web Content Management. BrightLeaf Group and its expert Subcontractors provide senior and expert-level services including Web/Content Management System integration, architecture and development. We also conduct content audits, migrate content and provide content updates within an existing system. Systems supported include, but are not limited to ExpressionEngine, Craft, Drupal, Ektron, Kentico and Sitecore. Related services include:
- Content Development. Our team designs and develops the full range of assets that might be required for a website, such as web copy, graphics, infographics, animations, translations, social media, eBooks, interactive PDFs, online brochures, online presentations, digital video demos and tutorials and online learning modules.
- Web Application Development. BrightLeaf Group provides development services for accessible web-based applications, including critical database driven sites and online learning solutions. Our developers are highly skilled in analyzing client requirements, rapid prototyping, building and thoroughly testing a wide variety of applications.
- Streaming Audio/Video. Many government agencies strive to provide transparency to the public. BrightLeaf can assist by providing live or delayed webcasting of public meetings, as well as organization and archiving of the recordings.
- Web Training, Maintenance and Support. BrightLeaf Group provides website-related training for customer staff as well as website-related maintenance and customer support. The customer’s requirements for training, maintenance and support are planned for during the earliest phases of the project. Our team brings well over ten years of experience in assisting customers with ramping up their own use of the website and then remaining in the background to provide ongoing maintenance and customer support.
- Website Hosting. BrightLeaf Group and its Subcontractors use the highest rated service providers of cloud-based and other hosting solutions available. Requirements for website hosting and ongoing support are considered during the earliest phases of the project. Our team brings well over ten years of experience working with most advanced hosting environments.
- Domain Name System (DNS) Management. BrightLeaf and its Subcontractors use the highest rated service providers for DNS management (registration, transfer, renewal, etc.) and provide our customers with ongoing support. Our team brings well over ten years of experience in this area.
- Analytics and Other Business Tools. BrightLeaf Group uses Google Analytics for website traffic analysis and website marketing activities. Analytics requirements and ongoing support requirements are considered during the earliest phases of the project. Our team brings many years of experience in analytics reporting and effectively utilizing the data to improve the website, including its marketing.
BrightLeaf Group Contact
BrightLeaf Group, Inc.
7000 North MoPac Expressway, Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78731
State of Texas Vendor ID 1742646897500
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Certificate Number: 1742646897500
Phone: (512) 914-5929 / Fax: (512) 795-8907
Please visit the link below for more information about our contract.
For more information on DIR's Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Cooperative Contracts program, visit the DIR Cooperative Contract Program Information Page.
For pricing information, please visit the DIR-TSO-4201 Pricing Page.
BrightLeaf Group warrants that it will perform the applicable Services in accordance with industry standards and using reasonable care and skill. BrightLeaf Group cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party or Customer occurring to Customer’s project once completed by BrightLeaf Group. Such alterations include, but are not limited to, additions, modifications and deletions. In providing the Services, BrightLeaf Group will be relying on content, data and related information provided by Customer. BrightLeaf Group cannot accept any liability based on inaccuracies in content, data and information provided by Customer.
THESE WARRANTIES ARE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Due to the type of services provided, BrightLeaf Group does not offer a Return policy.
© Copyright 2014-19 BrightLeaf Group. Texas HUB Certified. All rights reserved.